New! The IIA’s Internal Audit Practitioner Program
The IIA Global launched today important updates to Internal Audit Practitioner program. The newly revised program is now also available in Sweden, and provides greater opportunity for students and new internal auditors to launch their audit career and prove their credibility as they work to gain experience in the profession.
The Internal Audit Practitioner program tests a candidate’s fundamental knowledge of current internal auditing practices and understanding of internal audit issues, risks, and controls. The Internal Audit Practitioner designation demonstrates that the holder possesses internal audit aptitude and foundational knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
What Are the Benefits of the Updated Program?
- Reduced application and registration fees.
- Interactive exam practice questions included in application fees.
- Attribute and Performance Standards tested at a basic level.
- Exam comprised of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- No work experience required.
- Temporary designation valid for three years.
- No requirement to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credits.
- Holders of the Internal Audit Practitioner designation may opt into The IIA Certification Registry.
Who’s the Ideal Candidate?
- College students.
- Internal audit professionals who may not yet have the work experience for the CIA program.
- New internal auditing professionals.
- Rotational internal auditors.
The Internal Audit Practitioner program provides a new pathway to the CIA program through modified education requirements for active Internal Audit Practitioner designation holders. Candidates will have two years to finish the Internal Audit Practitioner program from the date they are approved into the program.