Techniques for Effective Testing
This course will help you design testing activities that are efficient, effective and appropriate to each situation. You will learn how to focus on clear objectives throughout the testing process and use this to produce sound conclusions that are more likely to be accepted by management.
Upon completion you will be able to:
- appreciate the role of testing within the context of the internal audit process
- design tests focused on achieving test objectives and meeting assurance requirements
- select and apply sampling techniques that will help to ensure test objectives are achieved
- appreciate the different ways in which a range of Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs) can be used to support testing activities
- conduct tests and document test results in a manner that will help to ensure accuracy, efficiency, integrity and confidentiality
- interpret test results and develop conclusions that are supportable with appropriate evidence
- present test results to management in a manner that will contribute to obtaining agreement on any actions that may be required
- understand how to develop and preserve relationships whilst maintaining high ethical standards.
Stephen Maycock is a professional trainer, writer and consultant. His broad international experience, spans a number of sectors, and this has provided him with some fascinating case studies which he uses to bring his training to life.
Dates: 21st – 22nd of May
Time: 09:00 – 17:00
Address: 7A Odenplan, Norrtullsgatan 6
Price excl. VAT: 8 500 kr members, 11 500 kr non-members.
Lecturer: Stephen Maycock, CFIIA, CRMA
CPE Points: 14