The Basics of Data Analytics for Internal Auditors
The Digital World and the presence of data everywhere in the organisation is forcing Internal Auditors to rethink their approach to data. This course takes you on a rapid tour of how to get the best out of everyday software that is available to most auditors. You’ll learn tips and tricks to speed up your work, by deploying software techniques, particularly in the controls testing and reporting phases of an audit.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Check up to 100% of the data available to you electronically;
- Put vital components of Office to work in the most efficient manner; and
- Manage and manipulate data to create persuasive results.
The course is accompanied by a manual that has course text and you will be supplied with practice data to take away and work with after the course.
Data analytics and handling – working directly with Excel
- Checking spreadsheet integrity – common sources of error
- Re‐performance and virtual calculations – why do this?
- Excel statistics – what do you get out of the box?
- Filtering and stratification
- Simple and complex sortation
- Why test a sample when you could hit 100%?
Data analytics and handling – extras through Excel
- Fuzzy data matching
- Replicating what other tools can do
Data graphics – colour and imagery through Excel
- Conditional formatting
- Using colour, icons, and thematic schemes
- Creating charts that dazzle
- Embedding charts and images in your reports
Queries, Reports, Dashboards and Business Intelligence
- Data import from usual and unusual sources
- The JET engine and finding MSQRY within your system
- Connecting with external data
- Creating a query from tables and fields and their interpretation
- Generating reports
- Polishing results
- Creating dashboards using free free-standing products that can interact with MS Office
Date: 4 nov
Time: 09:00 – 17:00
Address: Stockholm, Roda kurslokaler, Västra Järnvägsgatan 3, 10 tr, sal Cupertino
Price excl. VAT: 6375 kr members, 8500 kr non-members
Lecturer: Stan Dormer, CFIIA
CPE Points: 7